Friday, March 14, 2008

saint matilda's day
















today, we celebrate the feast of saint matilda. saint matilda is the patron saint of misbehaving children. today is the day of my goddaughter and niece, matilda's, baptism. we are holding it at st. francis of assisi church is chicago (my church in utah is also s.f. of a.; saint francis just wants to love everything, especially animals, so it's a good thing they'll have delish eggplant parm at the reception!).

matilda has changed a lot since i saw her at christmas. she smiles non-stop. i have been sleeping with her in the nursery, . . . giving her parents, um, . . . a break? no need, really. she sleeps through the night. i wake in the morning with her and pull her into my bed for a little snuggling and a bottle.

emily, my sister and m's mom, is out getting a mexican tres leches cake, and the reception is at maggiano's (did i mention the eggplant parm?!).

so, this is not academic, but come on . . . you know me by now . . . i gotta share the babies :)

3 comments:

chris said...

I'm not much of a baby guy. But my new niece is starting to grow on me a bit. Last time I was home I was feeding her and she took the bottle and was holding it by herself. She's not even 5 months old. So I thought that was pretty cool. I have no idea about babies; I'm clueless. Maybe she's supposed to be walking and talking by now or maybe she's not even supposed to be holding her head up. Clueless. Really. Anyway, the point is, I'm starting, slowly, to be able to relate to the baby love (and the fact that it's not mine probably helps).

Have fun with the fam back in the blessed Midwest!

bonnie lenore kyburz said...

it's a good thing, the baby love ;)

craniac said...

Great picture!