Saturday, June 16, 2007

my bloody valentine

w/r/t the last post on my thoughts about The Dandy Warhols track i want to use (and had toyed with but did not use use for my C's 2007 presentation/short film homage to Godard and the dyi vibe in filmmaking) . . . for my new film, i will make no change. the My Bloody Valentine track "sometimes" is it for how it intimates an affective relationship between sight and sound (sound providing an escape -- maybe, a clear, new, if reluctant-to-move-on space).

some day, i'll just hold a session in which i will play, very loudly, "bohemian like you" . . . and it will be worth it for how it shapes an affective disposition to new media work; not that it's not Serious Rhetorical Work, but . . .

. . . it's you that i want, so please
just a casual, casual easy thing
is it, it is for me . . .

. . . which sounds great, and is sometimes -- maybe even frequently -- for me, true. but more often than not, i both enjoy and obssess over mylittlefilms. will they get it? will they destroy me? does this matter? . . .

No comments: